Dear swimmers,

We hope that you and your close ones are doing well during these difficult times.

We have been receiving  for a couple days now a good amount of questions regarding the sustainability of the event. We received updates last week and we are working on providing you answers.

The Fédération Française de Natation announced that all swimming events will be suspended until June 30th 2020, we have been obliged to postpone the Defi de Monte-Cristo to an further date.

We have secured some new dates for the 22nd edition of the Defi from September 10th to September 13th 2020. All registrations will be automatically transferred to these dates.

We surely hope that all of you can make the necessary arrangement to participate in the event.

We are aware that the change in schedule might affect some of you. We have put in place an exchange platform, where you will be able to sell your swim cap to a swimmer who would like to participate in the Defi next September.

Om our end, we will not reopen our registrations to prioritize and facilitate the transactions on the exchange platform. The modalities on the functioning of the platform will be communicated shortly.

For those of you who have booked hotel rooms as well, we will treat your requests case by case.

If you are maintaining your registration for the event in September, we will find an identical solution to host you as the one previously scheduled.

If you will not be attending the Defi in September, we will reimburse the hotel reservation if the general sales conditions of that hotel allows it.

Please note that the deception is also important for the whole organizing team and that postponing the event to a later date seemed like the best solution for numerous reason.

There is a lot of you who cannot train and we are aware that an event such as the Defi requires a lot of preparation. Reporting the event to September, we hope that you will have time to get ready to the event under better conditions.

The cancelation of the event and the reimbursement are not a viable solution. In fact, two months and a half to the competition, an important amount has already been invested. This implies cost of production, material, payment of the several providers and staff members but also a human cost, with people working on this project all year long. The costs are spread out through the full year, so when a swimmer buys his cap, costs are already incurred.

We wish that the development of this situation will get better and we are waiting for you in Marseille in September for a great Defi de Monte-Cristo.

We wish you a safe comeback to training and the end of the quarantine .

We thank you for all the support messages, your understanding and your trust,


Le Defi de Monte-Cristo Team

In accordance with the data protection legislation, we inform you that this website uses cookies for statistical purposes. By clicking on the ‘Accept’ button, you authorize the third party services that we use to optionally deposit one or more cookies on your computer. For more information, consult our legal notices